20090427

Sawyer to LaFleur

There are only 4 more episodes of Lost until the finale of Season 5 and I think that I've settled on my favorite character. It was a hard choice because Hurley and Desmond have the moral soundness, Juliet is a miracle worker, Sayid kicks butt, and Ben is the best character on television. But I have settled on Sawyer because of what he said about Winston Churchill.

Sawyer used to be a selfish man who would keep resources on The Island for himself, but now that it's been three years, he has not only changed his nickname to LaFleur, but has become a strategist.

Jack: So where do we go from here?
Sawyer: I'm working on it.
Jack: Really? Because it looked to me like you were reading a book.[Sawyer smiles]
Sawyer: I heard once Winston Churchill read a book every night, even during the Blitz. He said it made him think better. It's how I like to run things. I think. I'm sure that doesn't mean that much to you, 'cause back when you were calling the shots, you pretty much just reacted. See, you didn't think, Jack, and as I recall, a lot of people ended up dead.

Jack: I got us off the island.
Sawyer: But here you are... Right back where you started. So I'm gonna go back to reading my book, and I'm gonna think 'cause that's how I saved your ass today. And that's how I'm gonna save Sayid's tomorrow. All you gotta do is go home, get a good night's rest. I do what I do[He leads Jack to the door and opens it]

Sawyer: Now ain't that a relief?
Jack: Yeah.

And it has always been these kind of characters that intrigue me. The ones who are can pack a punch, but store their physical strength for a time when their intelligence enhances it. I love characters who can execute a successful plan, improvise when necessary, and not reveal their plan until a climactic moment. This makes Sawyer dynamic, more interesting, and more attractive. He has become my favorite character. [And even though I don't like her, I hope he chooses Kate]

No comments:

Post a Comment